Our Full Coconut Flour Bread Review – Tips And Recipes
Coconuts are called “tropic bread.” Coconut palm is one of the most important plants because it contains useful and nutritious substances. When processing coconut, all its components are used, and coconut pulp is not only a famous delicacy but also the flour is produced.
In my article I will tell you all about the beneficial properties of coconut and coconut flour, share with you some of the most delicious coconut bread recipes and help you choose the best flour for your baking!
Now there is a question which сoconut flour to choose? I have 11 coconut flour options for you. Let’s look at them and you will make your choice! And after that, you can start baking bread according to my recipes.
Bake your favorite pastries with this coconut flour! It is suitable for absolutely everything. But your nutrition will become more beneficial because coconut flour is gluten-free and low-carb compared to wheat. It is soft and crumbly. The taste remains the same as when baking with regular flour. Good packaging to keep order in the kitchen!
Natural coconut flour that is made only from coconut pulp! Cook your favorite pancakes, biscuits, and bread for your health. They turn out to be just as tasty, but not less nutritious. Stomach such baking will be easier to digest. Beautiful and convenient packaging beckons to bake something!
Suitable for people who monitor their diet or have health problems. Don’t deprive yourself of delicious products, but make them healthier! Flour doesn’t contain GMOs, but it contains a large amount of protein and fiber! This packaging is enough for you to do many culinary experiments!
Unbleached flour allows you to create useful masterpieces in the kitchen. The taste remains the same as when using white flour, but there are notes of coconut. Your pastries will turn out fragrant and rich in taste!
This product is soft in texture. You can use it in sweet or salty recipes. High protein, fiber, and low carbohydrate content. Flour contains healthy fats that have a good effect on your body. Treat yourself and your family with delicious pastries!
Bright packaging is already inspiring to create culinary delights! Suitable not only for baking but also for making sauces! No GMO, preservatives or colorings.
Your bread won’t change the taste but will become more nutritious and healthier. Your children will be delighted with delicious muffins or crepes. Coconut flour is perfect for all sweet recipes. It can also be used for sweet and savory pastries. Just experiment!
You can’t eat gluten, but you don’t want to give up your favorite pastries? No need to refuse! Use this coconut flour as a substitute for wheat one. Flour comes in a convenient jar with a lid. Easy to open and close. There will be no mess in the kitchen.
The flour is made from fresh coconut pulp. It isn’t loose and not rude. Suitable for any baking. If you follow a diet, then this is a great alternative to wheat flour.
10# Cookoo for Coconut – Coconut Flour Organic Gluten-Free Raw Keto Paleo
Flour comes in transparent packaging. It has a low glycemic index and low carbohydrate content. Say no to gluten and take care of your health!
The flour works as it should. You will not have problems with the test and bake. Suitable for baking pancakes, bread, muffins, cookies and more. You can come up with various recipes or find them on the Internet. Flour is made only from fresh coconuts. Quality packaging that is easy to use.
Useful Information On Coconut Flour Bread
The homeland of the coconut palm is considered the coastal and tropical part of Southeast Asia. Cultivated coconut grows in India, Polynesia, the Caribbean, Hawaii, South Florida, and Southern California. Coconut is a plant of sea coasts.
Coconuts contain vitamins B1, B2, B5, C, proteins, carbohydrates, fats, sugars, trace elements (calcium, potassium, phosphorus) and fiber. Coconut oil contains a lot of lauric acids, which helps lower blood cholesterol.
How to get flour from coconut?
Coconut flour is a dietary product. It is made from coconut pulp. First, oil is squeezed out under a press, and then crushed to a powder state
Coconut flour doesn’t contain gluten because the coconut doesn’t belong to cereals, which means it is suitable for people with celiac disease (gluten intolerance) and everyone who for other reasons excluded it from their diet. You can safely cook pastries on coconut flour: it will be not only delicious but also healthy.
A lot of protein
Coconut flour has a high protein content, which our body needs so much. This is especially true for those who involved in sports and dieting. You can add 2 tbsp. tablespoons of coconut flour in a protein shake and drink it for half an hour after a workout.
A lot of fiber
Coconut flour contains 37 g of fiber per 100 g of product. This is a record among other types of flour. Fiber improves digestion, cleanses the intestines, and helps digest proteins, vitamins, and minerals.
Unlike wheat flour, coconut is low-calorie. Coconut oil in large quantities is squeezed out and bread is left with a minimum amount of fat. Those who want to lose weight, but can’t refuse baking, it makes sense to switch to coconut flour.
There are very few fast carbohydrates in it. Once in our body, it doesn’t dramatically raise blood sugar levels, as wheat flour does, saturates better and is suitable for diabetes.
All the features and valuable qualities of a coconut product should be described in order. Such flour is a record holder for fiber and protein in comparison with similar flour products. The abundance of fiber allows you to maintain normal digestion and also explains the benefits of the product for people with diabetes. Dietary fiber and complex carbohydrates don’t provoke a sharp jump in blood sugar and provide a low glycemic index.
Useful saturated fats in the pulp of the fetus are a natural source of energy for our body, and also take care of the health of hair, nails, and skin. Women especially need to get enough healthy vegetable fats with food. The cost of the product is quite high, but the consumption is much less than when baking from wheat flour. Therefore, users can be considered economical.
How to use coconut flour?
Unlike other varieties of gluten-free flour, such as rice, corn, the coconut one will bring more benefits to the body and give dishes a pleasant unusual taste, and baking will make it airy. However, it isn’t worth completely replacing any other coconut flour, the most optimal ratio would be a third of tropical flour to two-thirds of the usual. Moreover, it should be remembered that due to the lack of gluten, the dough will need an additional “hitch” as ordinary chicken eggs. Add 1-2 more eggs to the recipe, this combination will allow you to cook the same familiar foods: bread, muffins, cookies, biscuits.
Differences from wheat flour
Coconut flour compares favorably with all known wheat. Firstly, it is gluten-free, which means it is great for the diet of people suffering from intolerance to this substance – celiac disease. Secondly, it is a rich source of fiber, which helps to cleanse the body, stimulates proper digestion, and also allows you to fight extra pounds.
Who shouldn’t use coconut flour?
By itself, this coconut is not a common allergen, therefore products from its pulp, such as flour, are very likely to not cause an allergic reaction. Caution should be taken in case if there is an allergy to any type of nuts. Also, consumption can be contraindicated in case of serious diseases and weakness of the gastrointestinal tract: the abundance of dietary fiber in the composition of the product can aggravate the clinical picture.
How to choose and store?
First of all, pay attention to the color of the product, which should be uniformly light. And also on the consistency, which should be friable and not have lumps. Flour should be stored in an airtight container. A glass or plastic jar with a tight lid is best for this. The storage area should be dry, dark and cool. Opened packaging is stored for no more than six months. Lumps, a bitter smell, and discoloration of the flour indicate that the product is spoiled.
What can I bake with coconut flour?
Coconut flour is a gluten-free alternative to wheat flour. It is used in the preparation of sweet dishes, pastries, and also as a thickener for sauces.
Can coconut flour be used for bread?
Coconut flour is suitable for baking, including baking bread. It will turn out useful, fragrant and very tasty! Coconut bread can be eaten on a keto diet! I suggest you bake delicious coconut bread. I will share with you 5 recipes. Choose and cook!
Best Coconut Flour Bread Recipes – Paleo, Low carb, Keto
#1 Keto Low Carb Coconut Flour Bread
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- A pinch of salt
- Pinch of baking powder
- 6 eggs (preferably room temperature)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil with or without the smell (or 1/4 cup coconut and butter)
- Mix flour with salt and baking powder in a small bowl
- Break 6 eggs into a large bowl and mix thoroughly, pour warm melted butter into the egg mass (just not hot, otherwise the eggs will boil).
- In a mass with egg and oil, pour the previously prepared “dry” mixture of flour, salt, and baking powder. Here you need to work hard and mix everything well so that there are no lumps. Note! If the eggs were cold, then lumps of coconut oil may form, since it hardens very quickly. But there’s nothing wrong with it, everything gets melted instantly when it gets into the oven.
- Pour the resulting mass into a mold (can be in a cupcake mold) and bake in a preheated oven (180 ° C) for about 50 minutes.
- Readiness check with a toothpick. When removing the toothpick, it should remain dry.
#2 Keto Coconut Bread With Seeds
5 minutes of preparation. Cooking 55 minutes
- 110 g coconut oil, melt
- 6 eggs at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 100 g coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 20 g of sunflower seeds
Preheat the oven to 180 C. Separate the protein of one egg. Place the yolk in the same bowl as the rest of the eggs. Put chia seeds in the protein for swelling. If the eggs are cold, place them in warm water for 10-15 minutes. Break the eggs into a bowl and beat for 1-2 minutes.
Add butter to the eggs, keep whisking. Add Chia Seeds. In another bowl, mix the dry ingredients. Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture a little. The dough is pretty tight.
If the bread pan isn’t silicone, lay the pan with baking paper. Put the dough in the mold and smooth it with a spatula. Sprinkle with sunflower seeds. Bake for 40-45 minutes. Check with a toothpick. Cool the bread.
#3 Coconut Bread With Banana, Zucchini, and Ginger
For small bread (480 gr.) You will need:
- Coconut flour (or almond) -50 grams
- Milk 2.5% fat-50 ml.
- Chicken eggs – 3 pieces large or 4 medium.
- Banana – 85 grams
- Zucchini-85 gr.
- Olive oil-8 gr. (I use walnut oil) -8 gr.
- Spoon ginger tea powder, or grate fresh ginger in a large tablespoon.
- Baking mixture (baking powder or baking soda) teaspoon.
- A pinch of salt.
- Preheat the oven to 190 C
- Grate zucchini on a fine grater and mash a banana pulp with a fork. Stir very carefully.
- Beat the eggs to a thick foam.
- Mix coconut flour with salt and baking mixture and ginger powder, or add fresh ginger finely grated in zucchini.
- Add flour mixture to beaten eggs, mix thoroughly, mix with zucchini and banana, and add 50 ml of milk. Mix everything and add walnut oil or 8 g olive oil at the end.
- Insert (rectangular) baking paper into the bread baking dish and press it against the walls of the mold, place the mixture and distribute along the bottom of the mold.
- Bake at 190 C for 40 minutes, until the top and sides of the bread are browned!
#4 Coconut Bread
You will need:
- 6 pcs large room-temperature chicken eggs
- Coconut flour 125 g
- Flax seeds 75 g
- Water 100 ml
- Apple cider vinegar two tsp
- Baking powder half teaspoon
- Soda half teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Sift coconut flour into a bowl
- Add all bulk ingredients and mix
- Beat in eggs, add water and vinegar
- Stir until smooth
- Put the dough in the baking dish and place in the oven preheated to 180 ° C for 40 minutes.
- Then cool the bread in the molds
#5 Fruit and Nut Bread
- 2 small apples (200 g)
- 1 small pear (120 g)
- 3 eggs
- 70 g of honey
- 50 g olive oil
- 80 g walnuts
- 50 g coconut flour
- 50 g oatmeal
- 45 g dried cranberries
- A pinch of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Beat eggs with a whisk with honey, olive oil, and salt. Grind the nuts into not very fine crumbs. Add nuts, coconut, and oatmeal.
- Cut apples and pear, peel and grate together with the skin on a coarse grater. Add to dough. Add cranberries.
- Bake in a rectangular shape, as for bread. Lubricate with butter, if necessary. I have a silicone mold, I didn’t lubricate anything. Bake 40 minutes. And cool the bread.
Coconut flour is made from fresh coconut pulp and has beneficial properties. This is an excellent substitute for wheat flour. The taste of baking remains the same, but you get more protein, fiber and it doesn’t contain gluten. Bake low-carb bread according to my recipes and share your results!