Bob’s Red Natural Foods
Bob’s Red Mill was founded in 1978 in Milwaukee, Oregon (USA), and named after its founder, Bob Moore. This man has devoted his entire adult life to creating and promoting a culture of healthy eating. Bob Moore, 40 years ago, came to the conclusion that the secret of any person’s health lies in the use of a sufficient amount of whole grains, which saturate the body with valuable fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
He began the cultivation of such long-forgotten beneficial crops like quinoa, Chia seeds, sorghum, amaranth, and so on, some of which have now received the title of superfood for the invaluable benefits they bring to the human body.
The peculiarity of the company is that it works only with high-quality raw materials, checking the quality of products at every stage of production, and using exclusively stone mills (quartz) for grinding. This grinding method was used by our ancestors more than 1000 years ago. It is unique in that stone millstones grind cereals at low temperatures, without oxidizing them, thereby preserving all the benefits of the product.
The company also presents a line of gluten-free products created for people with celiac disease (gluten intolerance), athletes, and people who look after their health. The company paid special attention to this line, conducting laboratory tests for gluten-freeness at every stage of production. The best food technologists in the United States have created special baking mixes that are in no way inferior, and sometimes even superior in taste, to bread and baked goods made from wheat flour.
Why Choose Bobs Red Mill Products?
- Real organic. The best natural products. The secret to good health for any person lies in the use of a sufficient amount of whole grains, which saturate the body with valuable fiber, vitamins, and minerals. A huge selection of whole grains is represented by Bob’s Red Mill brand.
- An American brand with an excellent reputation. Bob’s Red Mill was founded by Bob Moore back in 1978. To this day, she has an impeccable reputation as one of the best producers of natural, healthy, and wholesome food in the world.
- Cook with Bob’s Red Mill according to their recipes. Watch your health, eat right! Browse the recipes on the brand’s website and shop for Bob’s Red Mill ingredients you need and enjoy the brand’s impeccable flavor tradition and exceptional quality.
What Products Does Bobs Red Mill Make?
My article is about bob’s red mill flour. However, this brand is famous not only for its flour but also for such products as:
Grains, Beans, Seeds
Entrees, Baking aids
Gift Packs, Merchandise
- 1 Bob’s Red Natural Foods
- 2 Our Top List 15 Best Bob’s Red Mill Flours & Meals – Editor’s Choice
- 2.1 1# Bob’s Red Mill Resealable Old Country Style Muesli Cereal – Amazon’s Choice
- 2.2 2# Bob’s Red Mill Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour
- 2.3 3# Bob’s Red Mill Organic Dark Rye Flour – Amazon’s Choice
- 2.4 4# Organic Whole Ground Golden Flaxseed Meal Bob’s Red Mill – Amazon’s Choice
- 2.5 5# Bob’s Red Mill Organic Corn Grits/ Polenta – Amazon’s Choice
- 2.6 6# Bob’s Red Mill Vanilla Protein Powder Nutritional Booster
- 2.7 7# Bob’s Red Mill Organic Regular Rolled Oats – Amazon’s Choice
- 2.8 8# Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free Steel Cut Oats – Amazon’s Choice
- 2.9 9# Bob’s Red Mill Organic Farro Grain – Amazon’s Choice
- 2.10 10# Bob’s Red Mill Organic Steel Cut Oats Resealable
- 2.11 11# Bob’s Red Mill Finely Ground Tapioca Flour
- 2.12 12# Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Oatmeal Cup, Brown Sugar & Maple – Amazon’s Choice
- 2.13 13# Bob’s Red Mill Resealable Whole White Popcorn – Amazon’s Choice
- 2.14 14# Bob’s Red Mill Shredded Coconut Unsweetened
- 2.15 15# BOBS RED MILL Chickpea Flour
- 3 Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
Our Top List 15 Best Bob’s Red Mill Flours & Meals – Editor’s Choice
1# Bob’s Red Mill Resealable Old Country Style Muesli Cereal – Amazon’s Choice
Gluten-free muesli is made from oats according to a traditional Swiss recipe, developed by Dr. Maximilian Bircher-Benner over 100 years ago. He was ahead of his time, realizing that food is the best medicine for the body. Possessing many scientific facts of dietetics, he created an ideal recipe that combines all the beneficial properties of grains, fruits, nuts, and seeds.
Bob’s Red Mill Traditional Gluten Free Muesli is a delicious blend of lightly toasted oats, brown rice chips, raisins, dried apples, lingonberries, sunflower seeds, almonds, toasted soybeans, pumpkin seeds, and coconut flakes. Perfect in combination with milk or the traditional Swiss cold yogurt. An ideal and nutritious breakfast that will give you all the best nature has created for the whole day.
2# Bob’s Red Mill Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour
Gluten-free flour, which in its characteristics is in no way inferior to ordinary wheat flour. Absolutely identical baking behavior. Sweet white rice flour, whole grain brown rice flour, potato starch, whole grain white sorghum flour, tapioca flour, xanthan gum.
3# Bob’s Red Mill Organic Dark Rye Flour – Amazon’s Choice
This flour makes it easy and quick to bake sandwich bread and delicious homemade buns. bob’s red mill gluten-free flour is specially formulated for those who are sensitive to gluten. Thanks to this flour, you can easily make fluffy, tasty, and flavorful rolls, toasts, and rolls.
4# Organic Whole Ground Golden Flaxseed Meal Bob’s Red Mill – Amazon’s Choice
It is a natural flour made from ground flax seeds, which is rich in nutrients for our body. This flour is distinguished by its pronounced nutty taste and rich aroma. You can use this flour in place of eggs in many recipes. This flour is suitable for people with gluten intolerance as it does not contain gluten. Store in the refrigerator. Alternatively, you can freeze bob’s red mill gluten-free flour to extend its useful life.
5# Bob’s Red Mill Organic Corn Grits/ Polenta – Amazon’s Choice
Corn is perhaps the most traditional food in America. It was cultivated thousands of years ago and has remained a staple of cuisine and culture ever since. Bob’s Red Mill uses only the finest quality corn in its traditional cereals. With its rich taste and incredible consistency, groats are ideal for preparing porridge, polenta, and main courses. Use it to cook porridge with milk and honey, a side dish with cheese, or polenta with your favorite sauce.
6# Bob’s Red Mill Vanilla Protein Powder Nutritional Booster
While some people like to maintain their active lifestyle with protein powders, finding quality protein can be difficult. Most protein foods are high in synthetic vitamins, artificial sweeteners, and the like. Bob’s Red Mill keeps it simple.
Protein supplements are made with only healthy ingredients so you can quickly and easily get your protein, fiber, and probiotic serving without adding extra junk. For a quick and easy protein shake, stir 2 scoops of vanilla protein powder in a glass of water or milk. Stir and enjoy it. For a delicious smoothie, combine 2 scoops of vanilla protein powder, 1 cup of fruit, 1/2 cup of milk or water, and ice.
7# Bob’s Red Mill Organic Regular Rolled Oats – Amazon’s Choice
100% whole grain rolled cereal contains 7 grams of protein per serving. Just one serving will provide you with your daily recommended fiber intake. A great option to start your day with a healthy and delicious breakfast.
Low in fat and a good source of dietary fiber, you can have a great start to your day with a healthy and tasty breakfast. Try mixing Rolled Oats with milk or yogurt, or refrigerate overnight. It goes well with Greek yogurt and fresh fruit. Add some cocoa powder, some cinnamon, and a spoonful of peanut butter for a very nutritious and delicious breakfast.
8# Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free Steel Cut Oats – Amazon’s Choice
Instant gluten-free whole oatmeal ground into neat little pieces in a special rotor mill. Bob’s Red Mill uses only high quality, high protein whole grain oats that have been lightly toasted for a unique flavor. You can cook amazingly delicious porridge in just 5-7 minutes. Real oat flavor, texture, and ease of preparation, plus proven nutritional benefits and cholesterol reduction, make them the perfect breakfast for Olympic champions.
9# Bob’s Red Mill Organic Farro Grain – Amazon’s Choice
Farro is an ancient relative of modern wheat. It was the staple of the daily diet in ancient Rome and is still popular in Italy today. Farro is healthy and nutritious with a rich nutty flavor. Use in stews, casseroles, salads, and risottos. Bob’s Red Mill Organic Farro Grain has many health benefits, including being a good source of iron. Farro is easily absorbed, allowing your body to absorb nutrients easily. Our farro is very easy to prepare.
10# Bob’s Red Mill Organic Steel Cut Oats Resealable
Organic Steel Cut Oats are unprocessed from the highest quality whole oats, gently crushed in an old stone mill. Delicious and very satisfying breakfast in just 5-7 minutes.
11# Bob’s Red Mill Finely Ground Tapioca Flour
A tropical-grown plant of cassava or tapioca, it produces fleshy, edible roots. The nutritive starch derived from cassava is then shaped into “pearls”. Our fine-grained tapioca is all-natural and contains no sulfates or other additives. Small pearls of tapioca are known as an ingredient in the traditional American favorite dessert, pudding. Also, tapioca is used in the preparation of popular Asian bubble teas and as a filling for cream sauces and soups.
12# Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Oatmeal Cup, Brown Sugar & Maple – Amazon’s Choice
Bob’s Red Mill has combined the finest gluten-free varieties of rolled oats, traditional oatmeal, and oatmeal from stone-milled Scottish oatmeal. Classic, aromatic taste with brown sugar and maple syrup will immerse you in nostalgic pleasure. It takes 3 minutes to cook.
13# Bob’s Red Mill Resealable Whole White Popcorn – Amazon’s Choice
We all love popcorn, but we often deny ourselves such a pleasure because of the high-calorie content of the product. However, Bob’s Red Mill suggests popcorn is high in fiber and low in calories. Grab Bob’s Red Mill White Popcorn and play a fun movie!
14# Bob’s Red Mill Shredded Coconut Unsweetened
Organic coconut flour is a delicious, healthy alternative flour that can be used to replace up to 20% of the flour required in a recipe. This high molecular weight flour is a terrific ingredient for gluten-free, grain-free, and low-calorie baked goods.
15# BOBS RED MILL Chickpea Flour
Special and very airy chickpea flour produced by the American brand “Bob’s Red Mill” does not contain gluten, is made from organic chickpea seeds, and has a delicate aroma and flavor reminiscent of nuts. Great for making pancakes, cookies, and sweet pastries, various types of dough, adding to the composition of meat or fish mince, etc. Bob’s Red Meal chickpea flour is finely ground and is a healthy and tasty substitute for traditional wheat flour. A dense plastic bag reliably protects the flour product from excess moisture, as well as foreign odors.
Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
Most people use wheat flour, which is not entirely healthy. It contains a huge amount of gluten, which negatively affects not only the figure but also the state of the whole organism. In my review, you can find bob’s red mill gluten-free flour.
I want to tell you in detail about what gluten is and why it should not be removed from your diet. Lately, we hear a lot about a gluten-free diet. Hollywood stars, famous athletes, and TV presenters delight with excellent beautiful figures. Drew Barrymore, Victoria Beckham, and Gwyneth Paltrow, when asked how they manage to look so good, answer that it is the merit of the new gluten-free diet.
What is Gluten and Where is it Found?
Gluten is a complex sticky protein found in cereals (wheat, bulgur, barley, and others). Also, gluten can be found in seasonings for meat and chicken, and various sauces. When dry, it is colorless and has neither taste nor odor. But when water is added, the gluten darkens and becomes glue-like in texture. Gluten is a kind of thickener. When preparing bread dough, it is he who makes it elastic and viscous, which is very important in the baking industry.
What is the Danger of Gluten?
Approximately 1% of people in the world, which is actually not so little, have celiac disease, or gluten enteropathy, that is, gluten intolerance. The patient’s immune system begins to fight with the protein, which is determined by the body as a dangerous and foreign element.
However, the main danger lies not only in pinpoint strikes aimed at gluten. It also affects the area around, for example, the stomach tissues that “take in” the protein. In addition to the stomach, the digestive tract, brain, joints are affected.
Signs of the disease are abdominal pain, sudden fluctuations in appetite, vomiting, in children, growth and weight delay, joint pain, increased fragility of bones, mood swings. Gluten can also trigger other body problems, such as allergies, especially in young children.
Not All Grains Contain Gluten
You might think that all grains contain gluten. But actually it is not. Rice, corn, quinoa, buckwheat, and millet are all gluten-free crops. So if you are on a gluten-free diet, you can safely consume these grains. So that gluten does not have a negative effect on your body, it must be completely (or at least partially) excluded from the diet. But how can you do this if you use flour in your daily life for most of your meals? And often it is ordinary wheat flour, which contains a lot of gluten. There is a solution – gluten-free flour!
Types of Gluten-Free Flour
- Almond Flour. Almond flour is made from chopped blanched almonds. It is low in carbohydrates but contains a lot of fiber and protein. Also, almond flour contains many vitamins and minerals, including iron, magnesium, calcium, potassium, and vitamin E. This flour can be used for both sweet and savory dishes.
- Amaranth Flour. Amaranth has several advantages. It helps fight diabetes, maintains healthy bones, and provides the body with essential protein. Amaranth flour has a nutty flavor, making it great for muffins, cookies, bread, and pizza dough.
- Brown Rice Flour. This flour is denser than white rice flour and contains many proteins and fibers. Brown rice flour, like amaranth, has a nutty flavor. But since it is hard on the stomach, it is best mixed with other similar flours. Perfect for sweet and savory dishes.
- Buckwheat Flour. Buckwheat is very nutritious – it is a good source of protein, omega fatty acids, B vitamins, manganese, magnesium, and other minerals. Buckwheat flour has a pronounced brown color, as a result of which your baked goods will acquire a dark shade. Basically, buckwheat flour is used to make baked goods, pancakes, waffles, and noodles.
- Chickpea Flour. Chickpea flour is high in protein. It is also rich in magnesium, calcium, folate, and B vitamins. Chickpea flour has a dull yellow color reminiscent of the color of gold. This flour is versatile, so you can use it to cook any dish.
- Coconut Flour. Coconut flour has become really popular for both cooking and baking. And this is not surprising! Coconut flour has the highest protein content of any flour. It has a sweet aroma ideal for baked goods and desserts. It is slightly denser than other gluten-free flours, so you may need extra liquid.
- Corn Flour. Corn flour is widely used in many national cuisines. It is used as the main ingredient for baking bread, tortillas, confectionery, cooking cereals, and also as an additive to various dishes.
- Millet Flour. This flour has a nutty flavor and is extremely versatile. Millet flour works well with other flours and can be added to all recipes. It can also be used as a thickener in soups and stews.
- Cricket Flour. Yes exactly. Cricket flour is made by drying or roasting crickets. This flour contains 3 times more protein than steak and 2 times more than chicken. Cricket flour also provides your body with vitamins B2 and B12, iron, and calcium. Do not be afraid of such flour, in fact, it tastes very soft and resembles nuts.
- Sorghum Flour. Since sorghum flour is quite heavy, it is best used in recipes that require a little flour. Or mix it with other, lighter types. So why use sorghum flour at all? This flour provides high levels of fiber and antioxidants. Sorghum also helps balance blood sugar levels and fight inflammation and disease. If you are looking to lose weight, sorghum contains tannins, which are believed to help fight obesity.
Bob’s Red Mill is a manufacturer of natural, certified organic and gluten-free milled cereal products. Its products are distributed throughout the United States, Canada, and several other locations. It produces over 400 products, primarily from whole grains. In this bob’s red mill review, I told you about 15 Bob’s Red Mill Flours & Meals so you can eat healthily!